The Center for Healthy Relationships exists to encourage and enrich relationships through the transforming power of biblically-based principles.
The Center for Healthy Relationships equips people for healthy relationships through biblically-based consulting, education, enrichment, resources, research and assessment.
Impacting Relationships for a Lifetime…
Some of the Current CHR Activities include:
- Providing informational and training events designed to instill Christ-centered principles of healthy relationships, with an emphasis on marriage relationships, in the JBU community and at the local, regional, national and international levels.
- Consulting with Christian colleges and universities to assess existing relationship curricula, ministries and programs, help develop new courses and/or programs and equip leaders to facilitate the implementation of those programs including the design, development and delivery of a weekend relationship enrichment program for university students who are seriously dating, engaged or married.
- Consulting with pastors and church leaders to assess the effectiveness of existing marriage curricula, ministries and programs, help develop new courses and/or programs and equip leaders to facilitate the implementation of those programs to help them increase their effectiveness in serving marriages and families in their church and in their community.
- Continuging development of our relationship-related assessments for colleges and universities (Student Relationship Assessment - SRA), and for churches (Church Relationpships Assessment - CRA) to help these organizations assess the degree to which what they are doing is making a measurable difference in the emotional, relational and spiritual lives of those they serve.
- Developing a comprehensive program for Northwest Arkansas and adjacent communities to provide pre-marital education, marriage enrichment and relationship training in ways that will impact churches, schools, community agencies and corporations, with the goal of strengthening marriages and enriching the relationship-culture of this community.